Sunday, October 10, 2010

1:38AM Fabric Update

It's 1:38 a.m and I can't sleep. I had a long, hard work out today! Quick run on the treadmill, 1 hour step class and 1 hour yoga. That's typical for my Saturday workouts though, except the run.  

Anyway; I took a looonnng nap this evening and now am up and wide awake.
I have some fab new African Wax Print fabrics I am working with. BTW; my sewing nook is a MESS! I should post a pic of it...hehehehe and maybe do an after pic once I tidy up!

I am working on skirts and other items that will really show off the beautiful patterns on these prints


 This first one is a gorgeous purple, black and gold print. I have one skirt made from this so far.........It reminds me of a honeycomb. I am also thinking long, maxi length kaftan with gold embroidery. Check out a caftan I wore to a friend's traditional marriage cermenony here http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/black-gold-caftan?image=119466











 I call this one; magnify the world : ) 

























And then there's this one; one of my faves! My sister already requested a tunic made out of this. I was supposed to do that this weekend along with the skirt I promised to make her....oops : ). Oh well; the weekends isn't over yet!



Here's another one I really like. We'll call it cobwebs or spidey eye? LOL. It kinda has an eye shaped thing going on with the cobweb inside it..........LOL




And then there's this! If you are Nigerian; you MUST remember this print or something similar to it! It is a reprint of a similar pattern that was very popular in hollandaise (I think) wrapper back in the 80s and maybe 90s among Nigerian women. I LOVE this; it has such a nostalgic feel for me and I am not sure what I want to do with it yet.







Peace & Blessings!!



3 comments:

  1. Those are some wonderfully colorful fabrics! I particularly like the last one. The blue/yellow color combination is one of my favorites. (those were the colors in my wedding) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that you in the photo? you're so beautiful!

    Sorry to hear you couldn't sleep...but it sounds like you had a super busy day! Get busy on your sister's stuff...we can't keep them waiting forever. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amanda; those ARE nice colors for a wedding!

    AMKreations; thanks for the nice compliment; you are so sweet : )

    ReplyDelete